Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brooding over defeat

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Switching his percing gaze between Van, Monience, and Nelonik, Derris smirked slightly finally resting his eyes upon the girl he was holding. He adjusted his grip and gave another tug, lifting her so that she was eye level with him. "A friend? With someone so arrogant?" he asked, chuckling. "My my, you certainly know how to pick them, don't you? I do enjoy arrogance though...arrogance and fragility. They're always so amusing, their reactions." he drawled, eyes flicking back down to grin at Monience.

Though Val'Thaeiv wanted to hit Van for practically forcing him to go off with the sadist, he remained emotionless on the outside as he responded. "Van is right; she wasn't doing anything wrong. It isn't hard to hear what other people are saying, especially in a place like this." he muttered quietly.

Derris laughed at the contradiction of Val'Thaeiv's volume and statement, but didn't comment on it, instead turning his attention back to Nelonik. "So, tell me. Why were you spying on us? I highly doubt you are friends with this one, nor that you were waiting to insert yourself into the conversation, being that you were hiding in the shadows and all. Seeking to attack one of us from behind? Xelveth does not take kindly to traitors." he growled playfully, though his grin and grip were bloodthirsty.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Nelonik growled. "Traitor!? Bull! I just wanted to be sure you weren't hurting Monience! She's my friend and my rival!" She found her self shouting out of control. She knew better but once she started she couldn't stop. "I refuse to let anyone hurt her! Even if it kills me!" She finished out of breath. Her eyes suddenly got wide as she knew that was the sentence that would probably kill her.

Monience looked back at Nelonik. She couldn't believe what she just heard. 'She cares....in her own strange way Nelonik actually cares.....' Monience thought as she steeled herself from the man holding Nelonik.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Derris' eyes flashed and his grin grew in maliciousness. "Even if it kills you? I could arrange that." he chuckled, twisting his grip so that it restricted the Warrior's airways. "But then again, death is so....boringly easy. How about...if it almost kills you? Or, if it tortures you to death? Oh, I like that one!" he breathed, tightening his grip another notch. "I could have fun with that one. How about it, hmm?" he queried, as if asking for Nelonik's permission to torture her. He laughed cruelly, before turning abruptly and chucking the girl at Van and Val'Thaeiv. "Ah, what a waste. Too young; not enough blood to amuse myself with. Too bad though, I could've had fun, with that attitude of yours." he snickered, making his way back over to the other males.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Van went to help Nelonik up. He casted a glance at Val'Thaeiv, he knew he was gonna get death glares later and get probably told off. "Does picking on those smaller and weaker than you make you feel superior?" Van was really starting to think that perhaps Derris was insecure about himself. "Are you really so insecure about yourself that you have to have people fear you? Does it make poor widdle Derris feel better? Knowing the first chance people get, they'll turn on him." He rolled his eyes as he turned his back to Derris and face Val'Thaeiv. "Hey Val, I think i'm gonna go take the kid to the infirmary to get her leg checked out or something. I can take Monience too if you want. Unless you also want to come along. I don't feel like being around here anymore, it reeks." Van didn't even give Derris a second glance before leading Nelonik towards the infirmary. He knew that Val'Thaeiv would have his back if Derris decided to attack him, or so he hoped.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Monience didn't hesitate, after Nelonik was thrown she rushed to her side. Once she made sure Nelonik was ok, she glared at the man. 'This guy is scary. he doesn't hesitate for anything. Thank you Xelveth, for sparing her life..' She thought before turning back to Van as he spoke. 'Wait....she didn't get her leg healed? Xen almost broke it...why wouldn't she....does her pride get in the way?' Monience was confused and kept quiet. She had enough trouble for one day. Instead she stayed by Neloniks side.

Nelonik how ever was coughing from the sudden strangulation. 'can this day get any worse? Not only did I get embarressed by that woman, but now this guy...in front of Monience both freaking times...she's gotta see me as weak now.' she thought trying to regulate her breathing again as she watched.

Last edited by Kituki on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Blinking once, Derris let Van pass him with Nelonik before his arm shot out, grabbing the back of the Rogue's collar. "Van, van van. How do you do it?" he asked rhetorically, not lessening his grip in the slightest. "You hit the nail right on the head. I'm so terribly low on self esteem, so incredibly insecure, especially when bad things happen to me. So terribly insecure when someone stands up to me, to the point where I break their legs. So terribly insecure when someone talks back to me, to the point where I break their jaw and rip out their vocal chords." he chuckled darkly, jerking roughly at the collar of Van's shirt, spinning around and pinning him to the wall of the building they were close to by his throat. "So terribly insecure when someone beats me, to the point where I go, train, come back, and slaughter them." he growled, tightening his grip on the Rogue's neck. "Do not forget who your superior is, Van. I could kill you, and no one would think any less of me."

The point of a magical weapon against the back of his head made Derris pause and turn, so that instead the tip of Val'Thaeiv's arrow rested on his temple. "Then again, that would be killing one of Xelveth's faithful, and I couldn't do that. Despite my being a prodigy, he could wipe me off the face of the Dark Plain with barely more than a flick." he chuckled, releasing Van from his death grip and grinning when he saw the beginnings of a bruise already developing. Catching Monience's glare, Derris only scoffed at her. "Would you like to try something, girly? I'm always up for a playmate."
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

Van rubbed Nelonik's back a bit to help her regain her breath. He was almost gave a sigh of relief when he got past Derris. Van couldn't say he didn't see it coming, sort of. He felt the hard tug on his collar and tried to pull free but couldn't Van stared wide eyed at his captor as he listed off the things he'd do to the people that upset him. Van nearly fell when he was spun and trapped against the wall of the building. He gasped desperately for air when his supply was cut off by Derris' hand. Van tried to pry the hand off his neck but he underestimated Derri's strength, given he was a wizard. Van glanced over at Val'Thaeiv for help before his gaze went back to the man in front of him. His mouth gape wide open as he desperately strained for air. He had stopped listening to Derris after he said if someone were to beat him. At that moment, Van felt that no man or woman could beat Derris. And if they did, he had a feeling that they wouldn't be stupid enough to leave him alive. He started to wonder if Derris really was going to break his legs and rip out his vocal chords. His eyes started to water as Derris' grip tightened around his neck. The world was slowly fading to black. His hands felt wet from sweat and they started to slip from Derris' hand. Suddenly a rush or air raced to his lungs. Van took an unsteady step forward as his hands rubbed his sore throat. He was hunched over taking deep shaky breaths, tears stinging his eyes. "B-bastard." His voice was raspy and it hurt to talk. Van stood up straight and glared at the man. His hands still rubbed his throat as to sooth the pain and shame of being thrown around like a rag doll. He looked at Val'Thaeiv and made a mental note to himself to thank the man later.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 am

Monience moved to Van's side after noting that all Nelonik got was a bruised butt from being suddenly dropped. When Van stood up she immediately went to Nelonik and helped her stand up to move. Nelonik brushed her off at first but then accepted the help as Monience was insistent. 'The infirmary would be the best location, the temple is to far, and the academy would be the first place that man comes looking, and I want to get away from him as soon as possible.' Monience thought helping Nelonik walk as fast as possible. Nelonik kept an eye behind her should he suddenly charge them and attack.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Derris smirked at Van, watching him rub the bruised area on his throat. "Why thank you Van; I'll take that as a compliment. Where do you two think you're going?" he asked, question directed towards the young, fleeing warriors, though he didn't turn to indicate he was talking to them. Only after he had stopped talking did he half-turn, reaching out a hand towards them and letting his magic swirl off of his fingers and twine around the girls. He tightened the magical bonds with a flick of his fingers, then lifted them into the air and setting them against the wall he had just held the Rogue against. "I never said either of you could leave. And you, girly, never answered my question. That's very rude you know. You ought to be taught some manners." he scolded, grinning wolfishly down at the pair. "Besides, you should really be sitting down with that leg of yours, not be up and limping around." he stated, switching his attention to Nelonik from Monience. "I'm getting very tired with the small amounts of respect I'm getting, as your superior. Maybe I should teach you all a lesson in manners." he chuckled, releasing a breath as he closed his eyes.

Moments later, a dangerous smirk crossed his face and he looked out at the group again. "Xelveth doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he is very serious about proper etiquette; cherishes it, you might say. And if someone does not display the proper manners...well, they're little more than barbarians, aren't they?" he sneered, fingering the hilt of one of his daggers.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Van watched the two girls walk away. A part of him was relieved that they were leaving but another part wanted to tear them to bits. Weren't they abandoning Val'Thaeiv and him in a sense. He did nothing as they were captured by Derris, he merely watched them as they were trapped against the same wall he was. Van wasn't sure what to do, he knew that he was included in what Derris had planned for them and he really didn't want to be any part of it. Perhaps his pride could sit aside for a while, just until he knew he was safe and out of danger. "I-I.." He started off not really knowing what to say to the psychopath. "You're right, not respecting someone at a higher standing would make you nothing more than a barbarian. For that, I am sorry I disrespected you, Derris. I was wrong to have been rude to someone who is..." Xelveth, he really wanted to kill himself right now. "Who is my superior. Please forgive me for my mistakes. I promise I'll remember my etiquette next time." Van bowed his head and slowly went down to his knees to kneel before Derris. He knew that he was never going to live it down. Van tried to keep a neutral face as he didn't want to anger Derris anymore or well give Derris the satisfaction that he was embarrassed. But Van couldn't keep the blush from his face so he bowed his head lower, trying to use his hair to cover his face.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Monience quivered in fear. She was literally frozen while looking up at the man. With out knowing it tears started pour out her eyes. 'X-Xen! Xelveth! Val!....please! don't let this man kill us!'

Nelonik bowed her head like Van, but looked over and saw monience frozen in fear. A quick slap to the face with one hand and push on the back of her head unlocked the girl and pushed her into a bowing position. "I....I'm terribly sorry for my attitude, and my friend's attitude. Please....if you must punish someone, punish me! Monience was only trying to be helpful and get me to the infirmary for my leg. We should have asked if we could go. My apologies...." She spat out. She hated to apologize but she knew better than to push her luck so many times in one day.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Chuckling darkly, Derris grinned down at Monience, Nelonik, and Van. "Well well, how very noble of you." he stated, refering to Nelonik. "Willing to take punishment in someone else's place. How quick you are to change your attitude when presented with danger; both of you." he snickered, swivelling his head so that he was looking at Van. "Especially you, Rogue. Grovelling to me like this, it's almost pathetic. Almost." Derris laughed, reaching down to pat the male's bowed head. "Good dog." he sneered. "I should still punish all of you, just to drill the lesson home..."

The Wizard paused in sadistic thought, simply drawing out the suspense for those waiting, and not through the making of a decision. Val'Thaeiv stood off to the side, knowing that he could do nothing if Xelveth permitted it. It was true, that their God thought proper etiquette was vital, especially when dealing with those higher ranked than you, and he would no doubt sit back and watch with satisfaction. Luckily, another Watcher approached the small group through the crowd and saluted Derris.

"You've been ordered out to Camp Rimlek, to help repair the Power Crystal." she stated calmly, well aware of the situation the rest of them were undoubtedly in. Derris sighed exaggeratedly but nodded, watching the Aranetil wander back the way she had come.

"Well, it looks like I don't have time. But do remember this, for the next time we meet. Because we will meet again, make no doubt about that." he warned, grinning manically before giving a brief nod to Val'Thaeiv and following the other Watcher's path, the crowd splitting to give him easy passage.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Van gritted his teeth as Derris spoke, he was wrong...Van knew that he was pathetic, kneeling just because a little danger presented itself. He wanted to smack Derris' hand away and fight him when he was patted twice on the head. Just like a little puppy that did something wrong and the owner couldn't bother to do anything about it. Van could do nothing, if Xelveth permitted Derris to give out punishments then who was he to go against his god and refuse. He knew his god valued order and he probably upset him by standing up against Derris. Van was no prodigy; his god no doubt favors Derris for his skills and talent.

Van bit his bottom lip and waited for Derris' lesson to begin. Public humiliation was what Derris liked best, he liked showing everyone how superior he was compared to them. From the corner of his eye, Van looked at Val'Thaeiv. He knew that Val'Thaeiv was one of Xelveth's most loyal followers and would not help him even if they were friends. He closed his eyes tightly and toned out the outside world as another watcher came to the group. He didn't really want to see or hear what they were going to say about this display. But he couldn't help but crack an eye open and look up at the others.

He gave a shaky sigh of relief when he realized that the watcher probably just saved him from more damage, both to his pride and physical being. He also looked at the two girls. He felt terrible that he couldn't help them, Monience seemed so afraid and he could see the defiance in Nelonik's eyes. Van hated knowing that Derris was just eating this all up. This was feeding his pride more than anything, Van could just sense it.

When Derris finally walked away, Van stood up swiftly. He froze for a bit as the blood rushed to his head. He was worried about the next time they would meet. He didn't seem like the kind of person to just let things go. And since he took pleasure out of pain, there was no doubt that somehow, someway, they'd cross each other's paths. Van felt a shiver down his spine as he imagined that torture that Derris might subject both girls and him to if they were ever caught alone with the man.

Van looked up at Val'Thaeiv when he noticed that his eyes had stayed glued to the ground. He gave him a small smile and then reached his hands up to play with his earrings. He had a bad habit of playing with them was he was scared or nervous. He thought he broke the habit after he became an apprentice but apparently not. Right now, he decided he needed to get some rest and settle down his nerves. He swiftly walked past Val'Thaeiv, muttering a quiet thanks to him before heading the opposite direction of Derris and the other Watcher.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Monience stayed still shaken up from the encounter. Nelonik couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Sighing she looked up at the remaining man. "Not exactly how I wanted my day to end but atleast no one died." looking back to Monience she patted her head and got up, limping back towards the infirmary. Stopping just a short distance away she half turned back. "This doesn't change anything Monience, when you're back to 100% We will test our strength again, both you and me need to get stronger, So we're of use..." She turned back in the direction she was heading and continued leaving Monience to her pity party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooding over defeat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nagreon :: Xelveth's Temple-
Jump to: