Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brooding over defeat

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kituki

Kituki

Brooding over defeat Empty
PostSubject: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Nelonik slowly traversed the path to the temple. She needed to pray to Xelveth for strength. She couldn't let some weakling surpass her. She is better, she will get everyone out. She must. Her leg still slowed her down. It was in such pain she couldn't properly walk on it. She knew she could go to the infirmary but the brat was probably there with that foolish trainer of hers. Instead she quietly shuffled along. "Xelveth, I need...ugh...your strength. Please....I know I can get us out." She pleaded as she knelt at the altar.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Striding silently up the rocky path leading to his God's temple, Val'Thaeiv watched others enter and leave the sacred building, paying their respects to their God. They all knew that Xelveth needed their prayers to become strong enough to give them back the Upper Earth; everyone paid homage at least once a day.

The Archer entered the temple and immediately felt his God's presence. It was faint, an indication He was only there to listen to someone's prayer. Sure enough, a young Drow was spotted close to the alter, head bowed and voice lowered, though not in the way a Rogue's would be. Having trained in that specific Path, he was able to pick out certain words; 'need', 'please' and 'out'. Clearly it was something that Xelveth would not grant, and sure enough, the God's presence left soon after the mumblings had stopped. Val'Thaeiv stood, watching the girl fron the entrance of the temple, wondering what in Xelveth's name she had been asking for, to make Him leave without a second glance, so-to-speak.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Van wandered around aimlessly, he was bored out of his mind. What was he supposed to do now? Suddenly a face popped up into his mind and he ran to the temple to see if Val'Thaeiv was there. Sure enough he was, Van sneaked up on him and gave Val'Thaeiv a hard smack on the back. "You know, it's rude to eavesdrop on someone's prayer." Noticing the young Drow praying. Van gave Val'Thaeiv a big smile. "So how have you been, buddy? Haven't seen you around in a while. Have you been causing any trouble? Oh who am I kidding, you're more likely to have a stick stuck up your ass." Van looked back at the girl and then back at Val'Thaeiv. "You know....I think she's a bit too young for you. You should wait a couple or years before going after her. Unless...you like little girls.... YOU DO DON'T YOU!?!?!" Van exaggerated a gasp and took a couple of steps back. "And I thought I knew you well. I guess not. It's not right, Val my friend. She's just a little girl!" Van gave a dramatic sob as he tucked his face into his arm and pretended to cry. After a while, he got bored and cut his act. He put an arm around Val'Thaeiv's shoulder, "so what brings you here on such a nice day?"
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:21 am

Nelonik got up and sighed. The noisy man disturbed the peace. looking over she stood up and stared. 'How long have they've been there?' she thought scowling. "Theres a reason you're listening to me I presume?" She asked rudely taking a shaky step towards them, then another, ignoring the pain on her leg. Stopping a short ways away so she wasn't with in arms or weapons reach. "I'm guessing you're here to mock me? Call me crazy? or to pretend you care about me when you really don't?" She asked crossing her arms leaning onto her good leg slightly keeping her bad leg off the ground waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Staring at the girl as she approached, questioning the pair, Val'Thaeiv deemed the rest of her questions unimportant, answering both of the Drows present with a single, simple answer. "I have come to pray to my God." was all he said, striding away from Van's pressuring arm and around the injured girl to the alter. There, he knelt and began his daily homage, eyes closed and runes pulsing faintly. He felt Xelveth within his mind, soaking in the words he offered and leaving when the recited words were finished.

Val'Thaeiv stood silently, walking further into the temple, into the large, circular back room where the Farseers and Priestesses stood, chanting power words that helped Xelveth gain power. He strode easily through the circle, reaching into a pouch at his waste and depositing black powder on the ever-burning flame there. The dust was consumed instantly, and the fire burned higher and brighter in response to the properties contained within the creatures from the Outer Edge's bodies. Turning, he shuffled silently back out to the opening, moving past the girl and Van and out into the open again. If the young Drow didn't have the sense to get her leg healed, then had no reason to spare attention on her.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Val smiled awkwardly at the girl. "Look lady--girl--thing, we weren't judging you or anything. I was just teasing little Val here. You see, most of the time, he has a stick up his ass and as his good friend, I have to pull it out every once in a while. Oh wow, that wasn't vaguely dirty." He laughed awkwardly at the idea of actually pulling a stick out of Val'Thaeiv's ass. He had a feeling he would not live through that experience. "By the way, you should really get that leg checked, that can't be healthy for you to be limping around like that." He liked stating the obvious, it tended to annoy people a lot. Van turned his attention away and watched as Val'Thaeiv ignored him. He waited patiently while Val'Thaeiv finished praying and followed him out when he walked past. "Aww Val, you didn't have to ignore me. We're friends, buddies. And buddies stick by each other. Wait...What was my point again? But seriously, if you want to be a sugar daddy, you got to be nice to the kid. Lure them into a false sense of security but it's wrong and you shouldn't do it." Van droned on and on about random subjects, not giving Val'Thaeiv a chance to reply. "So...what have you been doing for the past few days? Anything interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Nelonik humphed at the man's lecture. She knew he was right she didn't like to admit it but she knew. "Hey!" She called out after. "If you see a kid named Monience, drow black ribbon in her hair, wooden swords and a shield on her back, let her know Nelonik is looking for her!" and she started shuffling out. 'Damn she didn't break my leg but she sure did damage. That woman will pay one day....' She thought to her self as she made her way down towards the market place.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Knowing from past experience that his so-called 'friend' would never shut up, Val'Thaeiv sighed. "Scouting. There was a sighting of a group of creatures gathering somewhere in the Outer Edge. They will become a threat to the city if they aren't extinguished." he replied quietly, making his way back down the winding path, carved into the mountain. "You are awfully chatty for someone trained in the art of stealth." he added, turning his blank gaze on Van.

A call from behind them made the Archer pause, hearing the name of the young Drow he had met before. He half-turned, before disregarding her message and continuing on.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:03 pm

"Only for you, my dear friend. Only for you. Plus being all ninja and stealthy all the time is no fun. I mean what's so fun about staying quiet all the time and no talking. And plus you're a great listener or maybe you just zone me out. Probably that but it's always nice to have you around when you're in a good mood. I think there were a few times since I might you....Hmm.... Let me think... What about...No.. You were pissed off... I know! What about...Wait never mind. Actually I can't remember if you were ever in a good mood." Seeing the annoyed face on Val'Thaeiv's face, Van decided to change the topic. "So.. about the creatures...Do you need any help? I'd gladly help you....For a price. Just treat me to some food after and I'll help." Van knew that even if Val'Thaeiv didn't promise the free food, he'd still help after all what are friends for besides to mooch off of.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Monience was in the market place relaxing. She had already finished her training for the day and had nothing else to do. Sitting in a chair away from everyone else. She was getting bored. So she took out her father's bracelet and started studying it. It was of high quality design. On top sat a gem that she never figured out what it was for. There were scratches all over yet the gem was damage free. It still had that healthy glow since the day she retrieved it. She knew there was a sister bracelet somewhere but she never found it. 'If I had that other bracelet maybe I could figure this thing out....' she thought to her self.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 pm

"Reconnaissance has finished; the Watchers are deciding what to do next." Val'Thaeiv replied, making his way into Nagreon. "You'll get nothing from me." He saluted to a Watcher as he passed, heading into the Marketplace to purchase extra rations. "You should trying being quiet for once; it might get you assigned to more missions." he added, smirking slightly. Van was the only one who ever got him to say such things that he knew were untrue. The Rogue was obviously skilled, else he wouldn't be in the 1st Division.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 pm

"Aww... You're so hurtful." Van placed a hand over his heart as he stumbled dramatically as if in pain. "But come on, treat me to some good food for once. I mean I've treated you before....I think...you know like that time that was before that other time and you were like .... and I was like ya... Yeah that time I treated you. Remember?" Van faked a cough into his hand as he smiled, he never treated Val'Thaeiv to anything, but he hoped that he'd forget that. "So....It's only far you treat me again. I mean we're like tight, like this." Van crossed his pointer and middle finger and showed it to Val'Thaeiv. "Plus we've known each other for....one...three...SEVEN years. We're practically family." Van could practically feel the stares he was getting from the people they were passing. Oh well, they could judge all they want but when they find things missing, Van smiled evilly to himself, they'll never have to know.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 am

Monience looked up from her fathers bracelet when she heard someone's voice over everyone else's. She saw Val'Thaeiv walking with another drow and she got happy. She got up from where she was sitting and ran over to them. "Val! You're back! How have you been?" She exclaimed excitedly forgetting she was carrying her father's bracelet in her hand. Happy to see her friend. "Guess what! I got a trainer!" she announced happily.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Pausing at the annoying proclomation of his hated nickname, the Archer glanced over at Monience before responding to the Rogue bside him. "You have never treated me to a thing in the years we've known each other. So it is only fair that I repay it by treating you to nothing." he replied, glaring dryly at Van. Then, he turned his attention back to the Warrior. "Focus while you train, or you will not retain anything." he grunted shortly. Val'Thaeiv turned away from the pair and made his way over to a food booth, wondering when he had attracted so many people.

~~

Strolling easily into the city, Derris grinned maliciously at everyone he passed, though his body language and expression did nothing to hint at his sadism. Anyone who did not know of him would think that he was merely being friendly and would smile back, though warily with the aura of bloodlust he exuded. But everyone Apprentice level and above knew who he was, and so they all backed away, saluting or bowing hastily in scared respect.

He chuckled inwardly, slipping through the milling crowd easily to emerge in a small clearing and gather his bearings. The Wizard glanced around, and immediately spotted someone of interest; another Drow, traced with faintly glowing runes and sided by a loud-mouthed Rogue and a young Warrior. Derris' smile grew and he snickered, making his way over to the trio with the intention of having some fun.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 pm

"You're so cold. This is why you can't get a girlfriend and would it kill you to smile for once? I mean did someone erase that from your brain or something. Is that even possible?" Van ignored Val'Thaeiv's glare, after years of knowing him, it just became natural to him. Van then realized the younger Drow that had greeted Val'Thaeiv. "You know I was joking before when I said you liked little girls." He turned his attention to the girl. "Hello, I'm Van. Val's bestest bestie best friend in the whole entire dark plains. Even if he doesn't really think that." He whispered loudly to the girl. Van smiled at her but his smile quickly faded as he felt a familiar aura of bloodlust. He looked up to spot the youngest Watcher. He grabbed onto Val'Thaeiv's arm and gave him a wary look. Quickly, he stepped in front of the girl, hoping that perhaps Derris did not see her and cause her no harm. Van knew of Derris' reputation and knew what a danger he could be to the young Drow.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Monience poked her head out slightly from behind Van, she was curious but she knew there was a reason the man was protecting her. She got a quick look before hiding back completely behind him. She did not like that look. 'Thats worse than Nelonik's look. Much worse!' She was shaking just by seeing him, yet she didn't know why. Was this true fear? Her hands found the back of Van's shirt and she gripped tightly, instincts taking over.

Nelonik slowly made her way into the market place. When she finally did, she saw Monience hiding behind one of the two from earlier. A man that had a nasty feel to him walking up to them. 'Wimp... how did she beat me? she's hiding behind someone....' She didn't take long to think and slowly made her way around to jump in the way with her sword should the need arise. She wasn't about to let someone else kill Monience. That right was meant for her and her alone. 'Xelveth protect me....' She thought as she moved quicker ignoring the pain as she moved.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Derris smiled at the two males, the expression doing nothing to dampen his aura. "Val'Thaeiv. Van." he addressed them both before pushing the Rogue out of the way to get a better look at Monience. His grin widened. "Oh, now who is this?" he asked rhetorically, grin softening slightly to make himself appear more amiable to the younger. "You're so adorable, aren't you?" he cooed, crouching slightly and pinching one of Monience's cheeks. "I could just break all your little bones couldn't I? Yes I could, yes I could!" he chuckled, eyes flashing with a malicious intent, grin widening again. Derris stood straight, crossing his arms over his chest as he addressed the male Drow. "I haven't seen either of you in such a long time! You're both always off doing something or other." he pouted lightly, switching his gaze back and forth between Val'Thaeiv and Van. "Well, that's fine. Now I have her to keep me company, don't I? I don't believe she knows who I am! She needs to be educated, don't you think?" he chuckled, casting his gaze back on Monience.

Val'Thaeiv did not respond to Derris' veiled threats. He knew of the man's sadism, and that nothing could sate it. "She is not of Apprentice level yet." he replied calmly, eyes trained on the Wizard. "She will be educated when she graduates."

The magic-caster laughed. "But I heard her say she has a trainer! How can she, if she isn't even out of the Academy yet?" he asked, leering over the young Warrior. "I think, that if she is old enough to have a trainer, when most Apprentices don't, then she is old enough to know who I am. Wouldn't you agree, Val'Thaeiv?" he asked, hissing the name as he turned his gaze back on the Archer. Xelveth would never allow a fight to happen between them, but that doesn't mean he couldn't tease. However, he didn't think that the girl was useful to his God, so he could have fun with her.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 pm

"I never knew you liked little girls. You could relate to Val'Thaeiv." Van joked nervously, he knew how Derris liked to have 'fun' with people and it seemed like his next victim was the girl. "She'll probably know who you are later.... We'll tell her but we're kind of busy right now. We have to do that thing...Over there somewhere, you know." Van avoided eye contact with Derris. It really creeped him out when he said that he could break all of her bones, who the hell in their right minds would joke about something like that? Then again, Derris never really seemed to be in his right mind. He looked at Val'Thaeiv for advice on what to do. He never really had much experience dealing with people like him. Usually he'd just slip away using a distraction but he really didn't want to carry a little girl around. It'd look like he was kidnapping her and she looked heavy. "Uhh....We should really be going now...Right Val?" Van gave Val'Thaeiv a nervous glance.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Monience rubbed her cheek. 'he's giving off a bad vibe. in a fight I'd just get in the way. Even with my new skills. Xen.....If there was ever a time I needed you now is the time....' She thought slipping behind Val. 'What do I do....if I run would he chase me?' She didn't know what to do. She tugged gently on Val's clothes to let him know she was worried and she was afraid of this man. Just the mere presence sent shivers up her spine.

Nelonik on the other hand was watching from the shadows Sword at the ready. 'Atleast she's smart enough to take shelter behind older people. though lets see how this turns out....' She wasn't sure how well she was hidden, but she knew her prized sword doubled as a shield in times of need.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:33 pm

"Make no mistake Van; you're heading quite quickly towards the top of my list." Derris growled, smirking darkly at the Rogue. Catching Monience moving out of the corner of his eye, he chuckled. "Aww look; the little thing is scared of me. Oh I could just pinch your little head right off." He quipped, grinning down at the Warrior before switching his attention back to Van. "You'll be going no where until I say so. I am your superior, after all. I may have a job for you, and am just making friendly chat in the mean time." he added, crossing his arms over his chest.

Val'Thaeiv sighed silently. "If you had a job for us, you would've already told us. It is not the duty of a Watcher to dawdle, or have you forgotten in your arrogance?" he asked in a monotone. Derris growled.

"How would you know what the duties of a Watcher are But I suppose you're right; I have nothing for either of you to do. Pity; I was looking forward to getting aquainted with my new playmate." he chuckled. Val'Thaeiv stared blankly at the Wizard, knowing that the other's version of 'getting aquainted' involved learning every single one of their weaknesses, and a lot of blood. The Archer's murky eyes flicked for a second when the light caught on something in the shadows, and he spotted the girl from before. He switched his eyes back, and saw Derris cocking an eyebrow at him before dismissing the lack of attention.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:54 pm

"I don't have to be at the top of your list. I ain't that important or anything. " Sometimes Van really wished he was as calm and cool as Val'Thaeiv. "You know...It's getting late....I should really be taking the kid back to the Academy. Maybe you could find a new playmate, perhaps someone a lot older and more skilled?" Van knew the really meaning behind the term 'playmate', if he wasn't so disturbed and freaked out by him, he would've punched him in the face. Van reached behind him to pat the girl's hand, trying to reassure her. He knew Derris wouldn't try anything, hopefully. "You know....I could keep you company for a while, how about that? I feel kind of bad just leaving you and your lonesome self and plus Val here could take a break from me." Van smiled awkwardly at the man. Of course, he didn't really mean it, after all who would be stupid enough to go with Derris?
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:00 am

Moinence smiled a little but stayed behind the two. 'Xelveth....do you really wish to leave me? There must be something I can do to help people.' Monience thought in her head but quickly mumbled to herself at the same time so no one would hear. 'What can I do...to earn your protection? Your trust?' Monience thought, but she knew she's been protected quite efficiently up till now. The attack on the city, her father's grave, even against Nelonik. She survived it all. But she couldn't help but wonder, would Van and Val turn her over, or take her away safely from this man.

Nelonik silently sheathed her blade. 'He saw me, but the third man, he's yet to see me....my position could have been given away though if he had pointed me out. These three are not to be messed with.' She thought as she kept watching from a distance.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Derris cocked an eyebrow at the Rogue. "But I'm already so well aquainted with Val'Thaeiv, and I have yet to learn a thing about this one." he replied innocently, gesturing towards the young Drow. "I don't even know her name yet." he chuckled. Checking the time briefly, he sighed. "But I do suppose you're right; she really should be getting back to the Academy...unless of course, she's just snuck off to meet with her trainer." sniffed Derris, leering down at Monience. "I wouldn't mind meeting this Warrior, who believe you to be a better choice than Apprentices who are older and more skilled than you. Yes, I wouldn't mind meeting her at all...and maybe reminding her of the rules."

Pausing for a moment, the Wizard allowed the small group to lapse into silence before he spoke up again. "Either way, I don't see why it has to be you who escorts her back, Van. She seems to know Val'Thaeiv here a lot more than she does you, and it would also provide my 'lonesome self' with company, while giving Vally a break from you. Wouldn't you agree?" he asked, pulling back his lips in a sadistic grin. "And I do believe our small friend here would be more comfortable around someone she is more aquainted with! And I have not yet learned much about you, so why not."

Sounds of a fight breaking out from behind made Derris turn, ready to either stop the fight or watch joyfully, when his eye caught on a crouched figure in the shadows. His eyebrow arched and a grin slowly spread across his face. "Oh look; we have a little spy." he chuckled, striding leisurely over to Nelonik and smiling down at her. "Don't you know that it's rude to eavesdrop?" he asked rhetorically, grabbing the younger's collar and heaving her into a standing position.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 pm

"Val never was very social with others. Plus, you two seem to have some catching up to do. You seem very interested in Val." Van apologized to Val'Thaeiv in his head, he didn't mean to make it sound like he was pushing all of the danger onto him but Val'Thaeiv seemed like the right type of person to deal with this. "Does it really matter if you meet the Warrior? I mean you're a prodigy yourself, perhaps you don't want any competition for the future?" Van's attention was drawn away from the sounds of a fight, he hoped that it would be enough of a distraction that Derris would just leave and forget about them. He glanced in the direction to see a familiar figure crouching in the shadows. Van wanted to smack himself in the face when he saw the limping girl from the temple. This day just couldn't get any worse. Van stepped forward when Derris grabbed the girl, "wait...She wasn't doing anything wrong. I...told her to meet me here a while back at the temple. She was probably just nervous about interrupting our conversation and thus she stood aside to wait for us to finish." Van slapped himself mentally, that was probably the worse excuse he'd ever made in his whole entire life. He looked to Val'Thaeiv and at Monience with a worried look.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Nelonik grinned wearily. 'How did I get into this? A rogue I am not I suppose.' She didn't know what to do and kept her mouth shut. Let the adults do the talking while they get her out of trouble.

Monience on the other hand ran up and put her self between the man and Nelonik. "S-she's my friend!" She said nervously. 'Xelveth.....what is your will? please...don't abandon us!' she literally screamed inside her head.

Nelonik mentally slapped herself. 'Moron! You just put yourself back into danger!' she thought watching the situation get worse and worse with each passing second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brooding over defeat   Brooding over defeat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brooding over defeat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nagreon :: Xelveth's Temple-
Jump to: