Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fun fun times!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 am

Sitting on top of a training dummy, Ynail peered around the area from beneath jagged black bangs. Sending a puff of air upwards to try and get it out of his face, the teen pouted at it when all but a few strands settled right back where they had been, defying his demands. The raven sent a few more puffs of air, before finally just shaking his head to get rid of the annoying section of hair.

That finished, he flicked his bright eyes back to the people in the training area, noting the different rankings and paths and ages, with a Watcher standing over them all. Big, bulky Warriors at one end, dueling it out in an attempt to prove how buff they were to all of those who they thought were watching when no one actually was. A couple of Wizards here and their, setting fire to training dummies before the auto-glyphs put them out with a torrent of water. Some Rogues, lunging back and forth, looking more like they were trying to avoid stepping on tacks than anything else; Archers, standing specific distances from their targets and trying to hit the center of the bullseye every single time, some failing miserably, others vaguely succeeding.

Groaning, the teen dropped his chin into his palm. Why couldn't anyone do anything a bit more interesting? He was getting bored just sitting there, watching, and he really didn't feel like practicing anything himself. What he really wanted to do was talk to someone, but he had already tried that with everyone in the area (except the bulky guys, who glared and threatened to beat him to a pulp if he even opened his mouth) before they had all waved him away like a pest. It was always the same thing....well, that, or they would greet him kindly, ask a simple question, which would send him off on a rant. It wasn't like he tried to annoy people...it was just something he could help.

Sighing, Yanil flopped backward, hooking his feet together and clamping his legs over the training dummies shoulder so that he wouldn't fall. The world was always so much more interesting when viewed from upside-down. It made it look like people were walking on the roof! Giggling aloud at the thought, the teen dropped from his root, landing on his hands and twirling around the dummy on his palms, humming an odd song that had gotten stuck in his head as he made himself look like what he thought looked like a star, spreading his legs wide and sticking out one of his arms balancing on the other one as he maneuvered his body until he look like a human ball propped up on a stick.

'I am so bored.'
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 am

Melanie sighed, sitting with her legs pretzel crossed and her elbow on them, chin in her palms. 'Get away from the camp, go train and give yourself a little time to think about what you did', they said. She had planned on sitting out her punishment but when you were just sitting, time went very slowly. Come on, was it really so wrong to make the kid eat charcoal? It's not her fault he didn't check before biting into something. Besides, his expression was priceless. She smirked to herself, unaware she was smirking as she played the scenario in her head.

Standing, she patted the dirt of her legs, unable to stand sitting any longer. She looked around, unimpressed by her surroundings. The one thing that stood out was the boy standing on a hand. She made her way over to him, crossing her arms and looking down at him with a blank - though mildly curious - expression. "Can you teach me how to do that?" she asked, referring to standing on your hands and walking.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 am

Peering up between his legs at the girl standing over him, Yanil smiled brightly, extracting his other arm from his small ball of appendages and bending his hips further forward until his feet touched the ground, curling upwards as if it were the most natural thing in the world to be able to bend backwards and have your forehead touch your heels.

Grinning down at the girl before him and resisting the urge to burst into questions (which resulted in him shivering a little bit), the raven simply jump-started into a rather fast explanation.

"It's really not that hard once you get used to it, but first you have to develop your balance or else you just end up falling flat on your face. I've done that quite a bit, until I really got the hang of it, around the two week mark. My parents say I'm just a natural, which I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I would suggest standing on your head first, like this!" he exclaimed, dropping to the ground and and standing easily on his head. "It's easiest if you put your head and hands into a triangle formation, and you can start with your knees on your elbows to help get you started off, which is how I did it. I'm Yanil, by the way! What's your name? Do you come here often? What's your path? How old are you? What's your rank? Why do you want to learn how to stand and walk on your hands?" he asked, clamping his mouth shut before any more questions managed to force their way out. Tired of standong on his head, he hoisted himself up until he was on one hand and then spun, on it so that as he rolled to a standing position, he was facing the girl again, eyes sparkling brightly at having finally found someone that he could talk to.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 am

"Uh..." she couldn't exactly recall everything he asked, so she just decided to give him the basics. "I'm Melanie. Fifteen, wizard, apprentice. And no, I only come here when I have to." she was starting to realize she had made a terrible mistake in coming over to this boy. She wondered if she should even talk, he'd probably find more questions for everything he said. Made her wonder if he was just lonely or if his parents had dropped him too many times as a baby. But it didn't bug her, too much. She could tolerate it. There were more annoying people out there, like the showoffs.

Bending over, she sat her palms on the ground and attempted to get herself into a handstand. The first attempt she hardly got her legs off the ground. Then she tried to jump up again, only forced herself too much, flipping over and kicking Yanil in the head in the process. "Whoops." she muttered under her breath, standing up. "You OK?" she asked, deciding she'd practice away from people from now on.

Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 am

Crouching down and holding his head between his hands when Melnie kicked him, Ynail pouted for a moment, rubbing at the spot where her foot had connected.

"Owie.... he whined, before a smile spread on his face again and he stood. "I'm fine! But silly, I told you to start on your head! Your balance upside down is a lot different that when you're right side up, and if you don't get used to your upside down balance like you're used to your right side-up balance, then you'll never be able to walk like you would right side-up, except upside-down!" he explained, giggling lightly before sitting down cross-legged next to Melanie. "Start with this! It's easiest." he stated, setting his hands down on the ground, and placing his head above and between them so that it made a triangle. That done, he rested his knees on each elbow and sat like that, knowing very well that if you looked at him upside down, it would look like he was crouching on air, trying to hold up the ground with his head and hands. "After this, you stick your legs up in the air, and then you can move your head and hands into a straight line, and then try on your hands, which takes a lot mroe getting used to cause you don't have your head to rely on, but once you have standing down, walking isn't too much father off." he stated, demonstrating each of the stages in quick succession, ending in one hand so that he could wave at someone who passed them, smiling at them.

Putting his arm back down, he walke don his hands over so that he was in front of Melanie and lower himself so that his body weight rested on the backs of his arms and shoulders, using his hands to keep his chin propped up. "It's a pleasure to meet you Melanie! I was so bored before you got here. I tried talking to everyone else, but they just told me to leave 'cause I was annoying them. Why do you wanna learn to walk on your hands?" he asked, once again forcing himself not to go off on a tangent and instead listen for the girl's explanation, one that he was interested in. Luckily, this was one of those times when he knew to be quiet. Unfortunately, he didn't know how long it would last, which would also affect how long the girl stuck around for, and he didn't want to be lonely again, because that would mean he was bored again, which wasn't very fun.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 am

She rubbed the back of her neck, watching him show her how. "I dunno, looks fun I guess." she shrugged. He did it so easily, like it was breathing or something, and she wondered if he even had bones in body. She'd get it someday. But not today. She wanted to do something that didn't involve flipping over and faceplanting, or kicking people in the head. "Is this what you do all day?" she asked.

The two brawny men came over, sweating, but wearing cocky grins. The two warriors that had been dueling in attempt to wow their imaginary crowd. One of them laughed at the sight of the kid. "What are you doing with this freak?" he asked, looking to Melanie, who just raised a brow. The other had moved directly beside him, knocking him over with a foot. "Aww. How cute, must have felt sorry for him because he's pathetic right? Give up, it's a lost cause." the one that knocked him over laughed. She crossed her arms, "Knock it off you two." she rolled her eyes. "Come on, hang out with some real men!" the one that kicked him laughed. "That's funny, I don't see any men." she muttered. One of the boys whispered something in the others ear, and the other grinned. Pulling a foot back, he slammed it into the boys side, sending him rolling a few feet.

He walked over, crouching down beside Yanil. "Come on little freak, scream." he stood, kicking him once more. "Cut it out!" Melanie snapped, moving forward towards the duo. The other man wrapped a massive arm around her torso, holding her in place. "Relax, he's only going to break a few b-OUCH!" he let go, looking down at a bite mark on his arm. "The little brat bit me!" he snarled. He chased after the girl who was already making her way towards Yanil. He slammed an elbow into the back of her head, muttering an 'oh no you don't', and she was out like a light.

"Hey, hold him for me." one man said, pulling the boy up by the collar and handing him to the other, who held him up while the other craned back his fist, bringing it to meet with the boys torso, once, twice and again. Melanie was already waking up, and had pulled herself to her feat, despite a pounding head and blurred vision. She could make out the boy being pummeled, and attempted to create a spell, although her thinking and functioning had been slightly numbed by the blow.

Last edited by Skullchime on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:38 am

Struggling against the hold on his neck even as the other man continued to land blows on his stomach, Yanil coughed up a small amount of blood, wincing as another blow landed. Scowling darkly and feeling something shift within him, the teen's eyes watched as the man attacking him drew back his arm for another blow. Just as it was coming in to connect, the raven pushed himself off the ground, wrapped his legs around the mans arm and used the momentum to spin him around, ramming his back into the ground.

That done, the teen pushed off again so that he landed on the far shoulder of the one holding him, wrapping his arm around his neck at an awkward angle. Smirking darkly, he took a couple of steps backward, pullign the arm further and further until he pushed off the other's back, snapping his body around and face-planting him into the hard earth, landing easily on his hands beside the second man. Smile not once leaving his face, he stalked forward, planting his hands on the man's skull and dropping to crouch on his back. Lifting one of his hands, he rubbed the fingertips together, generating an electrical current with the friction until it was visible, the light dancing between his finger tips as he lowered it towards the Warrior's face.

"Come on you little freak. Scream." he hissed, grabbing a fistful of the man's hair and yanking it backwards so that his neck was at an uncomfrotable angle, bringing his hand slowly closer to his face, eyes glittering coldly. So intent was he on the one that he didn't notice the first man rise and ready an attack to strike the boy down.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:46 am

Nelonik had watched the whole scene and moved in kicking the otherman away from the small boy and his new toy. "Thats enough. It's not your fight now." She said as she drew her sword with one hand and pointed it at the warrior. There was a fire in her eyes. She hated bullies, she hated those who used their strength to make things worse. "If you want to get to your friend in time to save him from this, you have to go through me. And I'm no push over. Girl! Get up and concentraite! Now!" She barked.
She charged with an enhanced speed she learned from training with weights on her limbs, she knew she wasn't as fast as a rogue yet, but she knew she was fast. And she had to be with a weapon as big as hers. She sliced at the warrior that had turned into her opponant.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:06 pm

'Concentrate!' Melanie heard a girl bark. She rolled her eyes, 'Easy for you to say, you're not the one that got skullf..' she stopped short in her sharp thinking, looking over to Yanil, who was threatening to destroy one of the large men's face with an electrical current. Her eyes widened slightly. There was no way this was the same guy that was just happily asking her questions and bouncing around like a giddy child. Was there...? Either way, she wasn't about to try and stop him.

Bending the light around her figure, she became invisible and moved towards the man Nelo was attacking. He had stepped back a few feet from the girl, clutching the newly gained gash that crossed his shoulder and part of his chest. Then he began to lunge towards Nelonik, pulling out his sword. Melanie positioned her leg in front of his pathway, causing him to land face first on the ground. Standing on top of him, the invisibility spell wore off, and she began to create another spell. Suddenly, a large stone spear broke through the earth beneath the mans torso. It plunged through his belly, protruding out of his back several feet and remained there.

Melanie moved in front of him, crossing her arms and raising a brow. "I wouldn't move too much if I were you." she muttered, turning to walk away and watch Yanil.

Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:33 pm

"P-Please! Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We-We were just being jerks, just looking to have some fun! Just trying to blow off some steam, ya know? Please...please..." the man being held down by Yanil trailed off, frightened eyes craning backwards to stare at his attacker. The raven only smiled that same smile at the man.

"'Oh no, the big scary Apprentice has me! What am I going to do now that my manliness has been taken away? Please don't hurt me, please don't kill me!'" he mocked, laughing maliciously. "Look at you, blubbering like an infant, begging for your life. Why? Why should I spare you when you wouldn't do the same to me? Hmm?" he hissed, yanking the man's head back even more, partially blocking off his wind-pipe from the extreme angle.

Suddenly, a depper voice came from above him, causing the teen to look up, and the man being pinned down to flick his eyes over to try and see the new person.

"Alright, play time is over. Off." the Watcher commanded. Yanil stared blankly at him for a few moments, before blinking and rolling off of the man, settling into a sitting position next to him as he gasped, trying regain his breath while rubbing his sore neck. The man scowled at the boy, before immediately leaving the training area. The Watcher turned, ordering the same with the second man and beginning to heal him before he was brought to the Infirmary.

Yanil watched with blank eyes, blinking emotionlessly until his original demeanor came back. Slowly, he turned his head to stare at the man being healed, then to the other who could still be seen retreating into the next area, before lowering his eyes to the ground. Wiping at the small bit of blood staining the side of his mouth, he pushed himself into a standing position and looked over at Melanie and the girl who had joined her, wondering if the former would still talk to him after she had seen what just happened.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered, dropping his head and wiping at the tears that threatened to fall.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Kazon' rushed into the training area after hearing of something violent fight breaking out between a few people,his eyes went wide after he saw one of the bigger guys impaled by a earth spear,seeing one of the smaller boys with such a feral look in his eyes. He then crossed his arms and tried not to scowl at everyone"Can someone explain to me what in the name of Xelveth is going on here?!?" he fumed,slowly getting more angry and furious.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Nelonik walked up to the boy ignoring the priest. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Stand up proud. This is a victory for you." She then looked towards the priest sheathing her sword. "Bullies. They have been dealt with. Send for a cleric, the girl might have a concussion." She explained shortly motioning towards the one that got hit in the head. Turning her attention back to the two she started examining the boy. 'How can someone this fragile be that cold?' She thought 'Probably none of my buisness as long as he doesn't start murdering innocents. From the looks of it, that hatred came out of the danger he was presented with. If he could learn to harness that strength, that power...he'd be unstoppable.' She noted while keeping her thoughts to herself. She knew she didn't want to be on the other side of that boy's attacks.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Melanie shook the hair from her face, then heard Nelo mention something about a cleric. "I'm fine." she said sharply, annoyed with this girls attitude. She wasn't one to like to be ordered around, at least not by someone younger then herself. Clenching her teeth with a tight jaw, she made her way over to the boy. "So, you gonna snap like that on me?" she asked Yanil, wondering if the dark, cold version of Yanil was only triggered by anger or if it was spontaneous. And if it was only triggered by anger, how much it would take to throw him over the edge.

Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Kazon' sighed and walked over to the injured girl,holding his hand to the back of her head,quickly healing her then walking back to his seat,against the wall,meditating until being needed again,not wanting to bother her to much because she already seemed involved in something else.

============================================================
Jaerk

he grunted softly after watching everything unfold,still striking his sword against the training dummy,trying to not focus on what had happened,or the smaller guys psychotic break. he grumbled to himself,not really feeling the urge to train anymore right now he trodded out the room,looking for something to eat "Ahh... need food.." he groaned out to himself,not caring if anyone had heard him
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Yanil sniffled quietly, peering down at Melanie from beneath his bangs. How could he tell her that he had no idea what set off that part of him? She wasn't even supposed to see it, and if he told her that, she was more than likely to just stay away from him, which wasn't something he wanted. He considered her his friend, even if they had only met a few short minutes ago. And maybe the other girl too.

"I...I don't..." he trailed off for a moment, before firmly shaking his head. "No, I won't. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to see that...for anyone to see that, but I won't snap at you. You're my friend, and I could never hurt one of my friends." he replied, offering Melanie a shakey smile before turning his attention to the other girl still present. "I really don't see how that was a victory when I could....but couldn't control myself, but it doesn't matter. Thank you, for stepping in, otherwise I dunno what I would've done. It's really very nice to meet you. I'm Yanil!" he introduced himself, regaining some of his old demeanor quite quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Nelonik nodded at the boy. "Nelonik....." She responded to his introduction. "It was a victory because you didn't let them push you around. We all have something we aren't proud of. Have done things we regret." She turned towards the girl. "It is my assumption that side of you came out because you got hurt and," She motioned back towards Yanil. "You were in danger. Your mind reacted to that danger. It is only a theory though. If you truely want to keep that side of yourself hidden, you need to learn control. Control of the battle is just as important as control of the mind." She ended her explination wondering just who the boy was, and how he got under the radar of the watchers. 'Surely this strength would be kept in check, then again, they think the more strength the better. He'll need guidence sooner or later. I hope for his sake....he find it. One Derris was bad enough, but another...I don't think Xelveth's generosity would extend to help the innocents again....'
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Melanie half rolled her eyes, not caring to stand around and chat. She liked it better before everyone had shown up, but now it was too crowded. Plus her time was up, and she wasn't going to stay longer then she had to. "See ya." she began off without another word, or so much as glancing back in their direction.
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Jaerk had come back into the area after pigging out on a large sandwich,leaning by one of the training dummies "Everything alright in her now?.. he then looked at yanil very strangely,wondering how such furiousness was contained in such a small,happy-go lucky package. he looked at Nelonik,trying to get her to come over to him for a quick question
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Yanil watched Melanie run off, sad to see her go but happy that he had made a new friend all the same. Turning back to Nelonik, he ran her explanation through his mind and grinned brightly at her. "Oh trust me, I know all of that already. How do you think I was able to take down both of those buffed up guys all by my lonesome? Don't talk about things you don't fully understand yourself, Birdy." he laughed, cocking his head over his shoulder when the boy from before came back. "Hiya Munch. Yeah, everything's okay again, so there's no need for you to worry about anything, 'cause there's nothing for you to worry about! Just Birdy trying to lecture me on things that I already know about, when she's just a student herself. It's kind of cute, how she thinks she knows so much, actually!" he exclaimed, giggling almost maliciously, except there was no anger or intention to hurt behind his tone, just playfulness.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Nelonik scoffed. "Birdy?" she asked confused by the nickname. "And if you know so much, how come you can't control it?" She grimaced inwardly, not showing her emotions on the outside. "Apprentice level Bullies are weak. Even a student like me can take them out." She eyed everyone else around the area. Knowing the others were watching. 'This kid's not going to get the easy life. No matter how cheery he makes himself out to be.'
Back to top Go down
Raiko jinatsu

Raiko jinatsu

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 am

he shook his hea d and just grinned "But from what i saw,he is not about to just lay down and die either.. " he smiled over at yanil "Munch..you said?.. what a interesting..if not somewhat odd nickname.." he then stroked his chin,going into deep thought "Ok then you'll be Chatterbox.." he chuckled loudly while smiling at yanil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fun fun times! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun fun times!   Fun fun times! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun fun times!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nagreon :: Apprentice Quarters :: Training Area-
Jump to: