Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Under Dark Book

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kituki

Kituki

The Under Dark Book Empty
PostSubject: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 am

Nelonik scribbled furiously in mock book while sitting in the dark of her home, only having a single light source on the desk nearby, she was transcribing the material from the book Seidra had given her some time ago, she was close to finishing it but she needed more time. On the floor around her home there were several pages that were crumpled up infrustration of mistakes. Her hand was way beyond cramping by the time she had finished the last page and studied both books to make sure they were identical. Content that they were she set down the pen and rolled her wrist to get rid of the cramp while she thought.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Hesitantly making her way up to the house that she had been told belonged to Nelonik, the young Drow who had borrowed the Under Dark books, Seidra clasped her hands to her chest as she approached the door and knocked lightly. Hopefully, the Warrior would just give her the book and she could return it to the Librarian. He had agreed to lending it for a couple of days, but never this long. He was absolutely furious, and if Seidra couldn't retrieve the ancient tome, then he would.

"Oh, please be home....please be home..." she whispered desperately as she knocked again, figuring that her previous one had been too quiet to be heard.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Nelonik heard the knock and shouted the door was open and went back to checking for differences between the books, just incase there was something she missed. 'I can't miss a thing. One mistake could screw the whole thing up.' she thought. She knew her house wasn't that big. Even though it was no one that had been to her house before, she figured they'd find their way. But she didn't think about the fact that theres a bunch of stuff in the dark to trip over. She was too involved in the book to think about much. She spent a long time transcribing it. And she'd do it again as long as there was a risk to losing the original or the copy. She devided her free time into training and working on the book so long, that she never really had time for her self anymore. She wanted to unlock it's secrets.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Entering through the door carefully and peering around the interior, Seidra immediately spotted Nelonik working furiously on something at a small desk. Picking her way around and over everything littering the floor, she crept closer to the girl and paused a couple feet away.

"Um...I've come to retrieve the book that you were loaned. The Librarian wants it back....says it's ancient and precious and delicate, and keeping it anywhere but the backroom for too long will shorten it's already brittle lifespan..." she stated quietly.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Nelonik nodded finishing her examination. "Then it's a good thing I did what I spent all this time doing." She got up picking up the book leaving the copy open on the desk. "That just really cramped my hand alot." Sighing all she really did was transcribe the book as a backup incase something happened to the original. Turning around she held it out for the girl to take. "I may have need of it again one day but for now I got a copy." She stated motioning to the desk with the copy still on it. I managed to keep it in good condition while I had it. the back binding got a little torn but other than that nothing too serious." She explained to the girl.

"now I just need to find someone who can translate it....Know if the twins are still around? my last choice. But no one else can help me." she asked.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Seidra took the book back gratefully, holding it gently in her arms as she listened to the Warrior continue to speak. When the question about thw twins was asked, the young Aranetil frowned in confusion, trying to remember who she was talking about, when two incredibly vague faces materialized in her memory.

"I don't know where they live....but they're still in town. I'm sorry, but I don't know anything else. They're...hard to communicate with. Thank you, for keeping the book in such good condition. I wish you luck in your endeavour." she replied quietly, before bowing and making her way out of the other girl's home.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Nelonik sighed, grabbing her copy and heading out the door. "I don't see why if the book is so brittle the Library doesn't task someone to transcribe it." She said turning in a random direction holding the book closely looking for the twins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Under Dark Book   The Under Dark Book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Under Dark Book
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nagreon :: Marketplace-
Jump to: