Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back from Repairs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Derris sighed harshly, picking at his teeth with the tips of one of his daggers. He had just finished helping with the repairs to the Power Crystal in Camp Rimlek; stupid divisions couldn't seem to accomplish anything on their own. The Wizard's scowl deepened and he spat out a wad of saliva mixed with blood, tonguing the new cut on his gum.

Entering through the gate nearest the Infirmary, Derris watched everyone part for him again, grinning widely at them as he passed, satisfied when he saw some people glance away from him. He chuckled deeply, deciding to grab another sword to manipulate before he made his way up to the Temple for a last minute prayer.

His eyes lifted to the stone sky, and his grin widened. It felt fantastic to be a prodigy in Xelveth's midst; fantastic to be so favoured. His mind flashed to a certain Archer and his smile dropped. Bastard had no right to be granted that kind of privilege. Good mood ruined, the sadist decided he needed to find something or someone to have some fun with, to get him back in high spirits.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Belovedless

Belovedless

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 am

Keldrin scowled as he finished healing another minor wound. He still had a slight limp but it'd be healed soon enough. He brought up a hand to wipe the sweat off his brow. His stupid teacher was probably slacking off somewhere. It seemed to him that his teacher always slacked off when he was around, forcing him to do his work load for him. Keldrin rolled his shoulders to relieve some tension that had been built up for not moving for an intense period. Deciding that he deserved a break, he got up out of his chair and walked out of the entrance. He needed a walk to keep his mind off of unwanted things. Such as that stupid Drow and his stupid moon magic runes and how he was practically dumped at the infirmary after he was used. He had a bone to pick with Val'Thaeiv. Next time he saw him, Keldrin was going to beat him or something. Maybe poison him. Make him have to stay in the bathroom stall for hours. Yes that was a good plan. Teach him to leave him behind like he was worthless.

Not paying attention to where he was walking, he bumped into someone. He opened his eyes to glare at the person. His teacher told him that it made him look funny since he couldn't see but he felt that people were more intimidated when they thought you could see them. "Watch where you're going." Keldrin, already high strung from using so much magic in such a short period of time, didn't sense the menacing aura emitting from the man in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:38 am

Xeii stood quietly, dull eyes skimming over the room before him. They would pause or look twice when they came across something that interested him, tickled his fancy, made him curious. He wasn't here to heal or be healed but rather here as part of his studies. His back against the wall, he shifted, so one leg was propped up. His arms were folded neatly over his chest and his staff was at his hip in a neutral position, he had no intention of using it for the time being.

His joints were now protesting to the prolonged standing he'd been doing, but he had yet to finish his studies and wanted to push on, as he seldom visited the infirmary. He let out a soundless sigh as his gaze shifted through the people before him, reading their expressions and emotions. Specifically, he watched a Drow and a small Moon Elf, neither of which seemed typically pleased at the moment. And what a stroke of luck that the duo he'd been keeping an eye on bumped right into each other.

It was none of his business, but he watched through a corner glance of his eye nevertheless, wondering how the situation would play out. He found it interesting how something as a simple as the mishap of bumping into someone could either be a by-gone, a simple an accident, or it could trigger locked up emotions - held back anger, and just set someone off. Personally, Xeii was bored and hoped that with each mans aura being as tight as a bowstring, something interesting would happen.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Nelonik was walking towards the exit of the Infirmary with Monience chatting her ear off. "Did any thing I say in the market place not- oh crap......" She spotted the man that was going to kill them before run into a cleric.

Moniencei got curious. "What do you mean-" She looked over and spotted exactly what Nelonik saw. "Oh crap......is right." She was worried for Keldrin and started to move toward them. Nelonik quickly grabbed Monience and pulled her towards the wall to hide out of sight by a man propping up against it.

"Why did it have to be him....of all people to be in the Infirmary....." Nelonik asked.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Feeling someone run into him, Derris stopped, but when the other's words reached, his scowl switched to a malicious grin, and he turned on the person, using his slight height advantage on the other male to leer down at him.

"Excuse me? Watch where I'm going?" he questioned rhetorically, glaring at the Moon Elf. Eyes narrowing, Derris focused on his eyes and noticed something interesting. A deep chuckle made it's way up his throat, assualting the air with it's darkness. "Well well well. Look what we have here; a blind mutt who likes to blame others." he sneered, latching on to Keldrin's jaw with a bruising grip and moving his head back and forth, like he was examining him. "That isn't very good etiquette you know." he cooed eerily, grinning though the other male couldn't see it. "You have no idea who I am, do you? Despite being an Apprentice, your lack of sight would certainly prohibit you from learning my appearence. Maybe you can sense it from my aura though. Not that it matters of course." his voice dropped to a growl, and the grip tightened, nails beginning to draw blood despite how dull they were. "Few disrespect me in such a way and leave not knowing who I am. It's certainly a good thing we're in the infirmary, don't you think?" he asked, snickering. "You're just the thing I need to get me out of my horrible mood. Really, I should be grateful you are such a impudent brat. Though, you certainly shouldn't be."
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Xeii glanced at the two children duck behind him, seemingly avoiding the man he was just watching. Who was this man, thinking he could strut around taking his anger out on just anyone? His eyes widened with further anger when he heard with keen ears that the boy who had bumped into him was blind.

Uncrossing his arms and standing straight, he began towards the duo. In one swift movement, he'd placed himself in front of the smaller blind boy, and grabbed Derris' wrist, iron grip strangling the circulation to his hand. Other hand raising, he flashed it across Derris' cheek firmly in a cold slap - all the while, staring into the mans eyes with a monotone expression.

"How pathetic. Using your rank as grounds to take your anger out on another being... you disgust me." he muttered quietly, voice unfaltering from it's usually nonchalant tone. He had no regard for this mans position and it only took him a moment to know that he didn't respect him in the least. "Maybe you should pick up an etiquette book yourself, I've seen spoiled children with better manners." that being said, Xeii turned his head to look at Keldrin. The boy looked as if he was in no condition for a fight. The mere thought of this man taking on a fight with a blind weary child causing him to gradually tighten his grip on Derris' wrist - which he had forgotten he was holding. And those even younger children who seemed to cower away at the site of him. "Do you always pick on children? You're even sadder than I thought.." Xeii sneered. Usually he was quiet and tended to his own business, but this was just the sort of the thing that pushed him over the edge.

Last edited by Skullchime on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Keldrin grunted in pain as the nails from the man drew some blood. He tried to shake his head out of the man's grip but it was too tight and he had a height advantage against him. Keldrin bared in incisors as the man turned his head one way and then the other, he wasn't for show, damn it. He had to stand on his tippy toes in order for him not to get choked by the man. Keldrin's anger flared when he heard the words 'blind mutt' referred to him. "I'm not a blind mutt! Let me go, you asshole!" Keldrin reached his hands up to push the hands away from his throat. "Impudent my ass! Go pick on someone your own size. Better yet go go off a cliff and kill yourself! Do us all a favor and wipe yourself from existence." Keldrin struggled more against the grip.

Keldrin stumbled back a bit as the grip was released. He rubbed his sore jaw and healed the little cuts. The man had seemingly came out of no where. Keldrin smacked himself in the head mentally for not paying attention to his surroundings. He also made a mental note to kick his teacher's ass for making him work so hard. His senses dulled quite a bit from the exhaustion that came when magic was over used. Keldrin knew that the man who assaulted him was a lot stronger than him. Perhaps he should just let the new one protect him for a bit. Just till he formulated another plan. He didn't really want to rely on the rouge. He could sense anger emitting from the rouge. He had a feeling that this was going to be more trouble than it was worth. He now owes someone something. He wasn't sure if he'd live long enough to repay this debt to the rouge, perhaps just promising to help him in the future will be enough. Keldrin just felt slightly irritated though, both men were taller than him by quite and bit and well...Keldrin didn't like it since they also seemed stronger as well. He stood quietly as he waited for a fight to break out.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Derris blinked slowly, cheek stinging in pain from where the Rogue had hit him. Turning his head back, he cocked an eyebrow at the new male, the rest of his face carefully blank. He completely ignored Keldrin.

"Sad? Maybe a little." he replied evenly. "But I personally think you're a bit more sad than I am. Do you enjoy playing the pathetic little hero, who needs to make himself feel more important by butting into other people's lives? Now yes sure, this may have been the correct situation, but just watch. One day, you'll do the same thing, and the person you're protecting will turn on you and gut you, so that he can fight his own battle. It is actually a disgrace to have someone else fight your battles for you, unless that person happens to be a student. He," he gestured towards the Cleric with his chin. "Is an apprentice, and should very well be able to take care of himself by now." he stated matter-of-factly. "Now, if you don't mind, would you let go." It wasn't a question. As the words left his mouth, fire sprung up on his hand, coating it in flames and moving down to cover half of his forearm, letting it grow hotter as seconds passed.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Monience and Nelonik watched from where they were. They both knew that man was out of control. Even if he was Xelveths faithful how could he allow such a man to run wildly doing what ever he pleased? Nelonik kept a firm hand on Monience, keeping her back. "Xelveth...do you really condone this kind of behavior? Making everyone fear you?" Nelonik said in a whisper. As rough as Nelonik was, she didn't want to condemn people. SHe wanted to help them. and this man's actions clearly condemns anyone that gets in his way.
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:41 pm

"Thanks for the lesson, but I don't need it coming from your mouth. You know as well as I do it wasn't a fair fight, or I wouldn't have stepped in." he flinched, watching the fire singe his flesh. But he didn't let go just yet. His nose twisted into a snarl, he returned his gaze to Derris' eyes. "What goes around comes around, treat others as you wish to be treated or suffer the consequences. Someday, everybody is going to look down on you, your life will be hell and they'll use every advantage they can to kick you while your down." unable to tolerate the pain any longer he let go, resisting the urge to soothe his burning skin.

Turning slowly, he looked at Keldrin, "... as for you, pick your fights carefully." he stated quietly, his usual demeanor returned. Though he desperately wanted to turn around and hit Derris over the head with his staff, he denied himself the satisfaction. "It's a shame that so much power and strength is wasted on such a minuscule creature." he muttered under his breath, turning away on a whim and beginning off.

He wandered over to the two younger children. "... will you be alright here?" he asked quietly.

Last edited by Skullchime on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Words reached His ears through the darkness, and a small smile crossed His pale skin. Placing His fingertips together, He closed His eyes and focused on the face and the words in His mind. Slowly, He breathed out, air streaming into the hole made by His hands. The connection was made. He shifted fluidly, moving His hands apart so that the scene stretched before Him. He began to speak.

'Why should I chastise someone for doing something that is within their nature? I am not one who will execute a loyal subject simply because of their behavior.' he paused a moment, his smile dipping into a frown. 'I will, however, punish those who question me. Do you really think myself one to rule through abject fear? Have I ever done something to imply such a thing? Have I given you reason to doubt me, because I do not control the thoughts, actions, and very will of my people? Would you rather I take control of your body and show you just what it is you are accusing me of?' the smooth, alluring voice hissed, the edge and threat in it unmistakeable. 'Do not question me, or my way of ruling, little Warrior, or you will soon find yourself without a voice to query with.'

~~

Derris watched Xeii go with a contemplative look. Blinking, he switched his gaze back to Keldrin for a moment before turning and leaving the infirmary without a word. Outside, a small smirk crossed his face as he began to stride deeper into the city.

"Interesting characters, those two." he mumbled to himself, chuckling lightly.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Nelonik blinked and continued her conversation at a whisper not really noticing the rogue coming back. "But how is this progress? If your loyal subjects kill off completely innocent people, what left is there to protect? I don't mean to question Xelveth, but Even you have to have noticed these problems."

Monience was listening to Nelonik worriedly. 'She's going to get herself hurt.' Turning back to the man that came back she answered his question. "I think so. Though you pulled a heavy mistake. That man you confronted just about killed me and Nelonik the other day."
Back to top Go down
Skullchime
Skullchime

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:47 am

"I understand his powers and my limits, there was no mistaking." he said briskly, "I'll be going now. Stay safe." not a moment later he turned away and began to wander off. He had yet to know where he was going but he still had training to do before the day was done.

Nearly killed them? What would drive him to do that? What would he gain? Xeii, though he kept his thoughts contained most of the time, also questioned the hierarchy and wondered how they could give as much power as Derris possessed to someone of his liking.

[sorry, writers block, and I'm tired]
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:55 pm

A graceful frown made it's way onto His face, as He retrieved the threads of the broken connection and re-knit them.

'I have noticed, and I have noted. Do not think that I am not watching over my subjects. Those who are loyal to me will never see permanent harm; innocents shall never be slain.' He stated calmly, as if speaking to a mere infant, before his tone turned venomous. 'If you dare ask me why Derris almost killed you, it is because you seem so intent upon questioning my way of ruling. Someone who follows unwaveringly, like Val'Thaeiv, cannot be killed without dire consequences. Derris knows this. Van was not going to be killed, Keldrin was not going to be killed. However, if you continue to see yourself as fit enough to doubt me, you will be. I do not hesitate to crush the unfaithful.' He hissed. Nelonik had just used her second chance with Him. If she continued to challenge Him, He would remove her.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Nelonik thought calmly. 'This situation is getting bad.' Sighing she started talking to herself. "What to do what to do.... Derris is crazy...anyone who bumps into him by accident needs a lesson taught to them...." She started to pick her words carefully. She realized what she said could be heard but what she thought could not. 'I don't trust Derris's motives. Just the slightest thing can set him off.' Sighing She let the matter drop. "I'll just have to stay out of his way for now." Looking at a concerned Monience she nodded. "I don't know what Xelveth's plan is, but for now, I don't think it concerns us as long as we stay well out of his way."

Monience didn't look convinced. "Xelveth wouldn't abandon us after this long... I mean we're still alive right?"
Nelonik shook her head. "We may just be nothing but fodder for him to throw away at a moments notice."
"What do we do?"
"I don't know about you, but despite whether Xelveth wants us dead or alive, These people stuck down here need to be freed. And I want to help them reach that goal. No matter the cost. I can't do that if I'm dead, So I'm going to do what it takes to stay alive. I'll get stronger.... I'll get better. You found yourself a trainer in that Aranetil woman. Stick with her and Xelveth shouldn't abandon you." Nelonik explained.
"What about you?" Monience asked.
"Who knows what path lies before me. All I know is it's my path. Know this though. I won't lose to you." Nelonik grinned. She knew that Xelveth was listening. She was just waiting for him to say something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back from Repairs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Repairs   Back from Repairs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from Repairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Nagreon :: Infirmary-
Jump to: