Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scouting

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 am

Monience couldn't help but feel worthless. She wanted to help but her dagger could only do so much. Against something that size she'd need something longer. "If these are as strong as Val says they are, Every helping hand will be needed. This is organized...too organized. Just like out there." She ran the thought through her head. "Keldrin, You're an apprentice, maybe you know some place inside to get me a proper weapon? This dagger won't do much. If we get caught again before Val gets back, it's going to be tough to take those things down. Assuming Val does come back this way." She figured the cleric would scold her for trying to fight, but she had to do something. She was still angry and exerting energy was going to be the only way to calm her down.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 am

"I don't think you're suited for those weapons yet. They're too heavy for you. It takes years to build muscles and even more years to master weapons. I think we'd better just stick to Val'Thaeiv for the time being. It'd be safer that way." Keldrin shifted his weight, perhaps he should get another weapon for the fledging. She'd be much more useful if she had a weapon she was able to use to defend herself. "Perhaps....we could quickly get a weapon from the market place." Keldrin debated it in his head, was it really that smart to leave when Val'Thaeiv told them to stay. He shrugged and snorted, it was going to take him a while before he would be done checking with the building. "Come on then, we'll go quickly to the market place and come back."

Keldrin ran towards the general direction. He was barely able to stop himself when a giant Griever came out of nowhere and landed a few feet from him. "SHIT! RUN INTO THE BUILDING!" He yelled to the fledging as he turned to run away but before he got a chance to reach he was grabbed from behind and thrown like a rag doll. He barely had time to recover the Griever clawed at his leg, leaving him unable to get up and run. Keldrin tried to heal himself before remembering that Grievers cancelled all magic around them. "Shit!" Keldrin screamed as he tried to crawl away.

Last edited by Belovedless on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:23 am

Monience had little time to think, Keldrin was going to get killed if she didn't do anything. "HEY MEAT-HEAD!" She shouted before jumping onto the Giever's side with the dagger, getting thrown off she fell into a roll and charged again, getting the Giever's full attention now. "Come on Meat-head!" She shouted throwing a rock which it just caught and charged after her leaving Keldrin alone. "Thats right! Follow me!" She taunted it leading it away back into the marketplace. 'Not my best plan but at least it helps.' She thought. She listened for it behind her waiting for it to strike before getting a few slashes in on it's hand. "Is that the best you got!? I don't have a sword and I'm doing better tha-" She got slammed open palmed into a building. "you.... ow." She said standing back up. Finding her dagger missing she resorted to her fists. "Heh, I'm not that good with a dagger anyways."
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 am

Exiting the Apprentice Quarters, Val'Thaeiv glanced around, nearly sighing in exasperation when he noticed that both Keldrin and Monience were absent. A quick scan told him they weren't anywhere in the immediate area either. A crash in the distance grabbed his attention and the archer took off towards it, running through the now vacant streets to the Marketplace.

Along the way, he came across Keldrin, clutching his bleeding leg. Val'Thaeiv glared blankly at him. "You can heal yourself now, the Griever should be far enough away." he commented dryly, knowing that he couldn't leave the novice there unprotected. Instead, he grabbed the male's wrist and hoisted him onto his back, continuing on his way towards the bazaar.

The Drow came to a stop in the first district, immediately locating the larger Griever, swiping at an unarmed Monience. Easily, he set Keldrin down and summoned his bow, darting into the fight and grabbing the young warrior's wrist, swinging her away from the spot she was in as one of the creature's fists smashed into the ground.

Grabbing the girl's collar, he leapt backwards, out of the Griever's range, and let her go, watching her catch herself. "This time, actually stay here." he growled softly, loosing an arrow on the creature which got caught in it's arm. Scowling, the archer sped towards it, evading an attack and racing up one of it's arms to land on it's head. He was about to release another arrow, killing the thing, when it grabbed him.

Val'Thaeiv cursed, pulled back on his bow and released another arrow before the creature had a chance to crush him in it's grip. The projectile silced straight through the Griever's head, killing it instantly. The archer dropped, easily landing on his feet and moving out of the way of the falling corpse, back to the younger pair to assess damage.
Back to top Go down
https://anin-toril.rpg-board.net
Belovedless

Belovedless

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:21 am

Keldrin muttered swears as he was being carried like a sack of potatoes. He was glad his teacher wasn't there, he'd never let him live it down. When he was finally put down, he began healing his leg but was interrupted when he felt the fledging near. He pulled her to him and started healing her. It was after all manners his teacher instilled in him. 'Heal others before healing yourself.' He could just hear his teacher say. And she did save him from his demise. "Thanks kid...You know... For saving me and all." He said as quietly as possible. All that mattered was that he said it, didn't really matter if she heard him or not.

Keldrin sucked in his breath as he felt the familiar waves of moon magic. Then he heard a thud and knew the Griever was dead. He finished healing the fledging when he felt Val'Thaeiv come to check on them. He tried concentrating hard on healing himself but the magic that came from the man was very distracting. The power that emitted from the male as he killed the Griever had been powerful. He just couldn't get it out of his head. What he wouldn't do to feel that magic all the time. Keldrin felt his face heat up, feeling that magic all the time would require him to escape up to the UE or being close to the male at all times.

"We shouldn't stay here too long... Perhaps you should take the fledging to somewhere safe first. I should be able to manage on my own after I heal myself." Keldrin knew it wasn't a smart idea but he didn't want to seem weak in front of well...Anyone. Keldrin healed his leg a bit more before trying to stand. He swore when a pain shot up his thigh and he fell back down. Perhaps he should have healed a bit more but he could feel his magic waning. He already used too much of his magic today, if he were to use more, he didn't know if he could stand. Healing just enough for the pain to go away, he tried stand and walk but felt unsteady. "Who the hell is making the ground move?" He said as he wobbled on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:31 am

Monience smiled as she heard the Moon Elf thank her. She got up as he was trying to stand and helped him balance as best she could. "From the looks of it you're pretty weak right now. My guess is you're nearing your limit." She explained thinking it was like her energy that she needed to swing weapons and fight. "As for taking me somewhere safe, I'm not going anywhere. Not after what just happened. We can't be too sure how many are left in the city." She looked back towards Val. "No more leaving us behind. They could strike again while you're gone. I may not be strong, but tactics I can do." She she explained thinking. "Wait a minute, Could Keldrin absorb that Upper Earth magic stuff inside of you to get more energy? It would give us a better chance of survival if we worked together instead of telling us to wait behind." She explained her reasoning hoping Val would understand and agree. 'Val is the cities best bet of surviving. He's the strongest most able bodied one of us. But only if Val and Keldrin work together do they stand much of a chance.' She thought.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Val'Thaeiv glanced at Monience, shaking his head slightly at her query. "No. This magic is for battle; it is not a healing cleric's magic. There would be no way for him to absorb it. Right now, we should get him to the Infirmary." he stated, grabbing one of Keldrin's wrists and draping it over his shoulders, helping the male to limp along towards the medical facility. "There will not be too many more left in the city. None have gotten past the walls since their initial attack, indicating it's a small band. If there are any left, they will be taken care of by the Watchers patrolling the streets."
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Keldrin twitched in annoyance. He wasn't that weak that he needed a fledging and a male Drow to help him walk. He yanked his arms away and glared him their direction. "I am fine, I can walk on my own." Keldrin straightened out his shirt and attempted to walk in the right direction. "I don't need to go to the infirmary, I'll just go back to my quarters and rest." He tried to disguise his limp and walk properly but the aching just wouldn't go away. There was no way they were going to make him go to the infirmary. He'd be lectured by his teacher about conserving magic and building up his magic stamina. "Fledging, you should go back to the academy. Wouldn't want them to think you died or something." Keldrin then turned to Val'Thaeiv, "if you're hurt, you can go to the infirmary. I have a feeling that my teacher isn't down talking to you." With that he turned and slowly walked back to the apprentice quarters.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Monience crossed her arms quirking a brow at Keldrin. It was certain this Moon Elf didn't want any help. Glancing at Val she wasn't sure what to do. "The Academy isn't going to care too much if I show up or not and it's not my priority." She explained flatly indicating she could tell Keldrin was hurt. 'Men are strange. No matter what they won't say they are hurt. Could he be wanting to avoid his teacher? But then why is he Keldrin's teacher if Keldrin doesn't like him?' She tried to understand Keldrin's motives but eventually she got a headache and let it drop.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Val'Thaeiv looked at Keldrin, trying to wobble his way back to the Apprentice Quarters. Stepping forward, he cut the Moon Elf off from his established path.

"The Apprentice Quarters are no longer safe, or occupied. Every part of Nagreon that has creatures spotted in it is evacuated, the citizens moved to another part of the city, or somewhere beyond it's walls. Your choices now are the Infirmary, Camp Hei'Luth or Camp Ophisen." he stated. "As both of the camps are in danger from attack as well, the Infirmary is the only place left."

That said, the archer grabbed Keldrin and tucked him under one arm, making his way towards the medical ward, gesturing for Monienced to follow.
Back to top Go down
Belovedless

Belovedless

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:44 pm

"YOU WILL PUT ME DOWN! I DON'T NEED TO GO TO THE INFIRMARY. I'M ABSOLUTELY FINE!" Keldrin struggled in Val'Thaeiv's hold. This was probably one of the most humiliating moments of his life. He wasn't flexible enough to bite the crap out of Val'Thaeiv so he resorted to scratching. Keldrin hissed in pain when he moved his leg the wrong way. "I hate you, you know that? I hate your guts. And I will get you back, I swear I will. One day, you'll start a family and I will find out. Then at the dead of night when all of your family is asleep. I will sneak in and kick you in the face." He was going to do it, if he remembered that is. But he would and when that day came, he will savor that moment for the rest of his life and rub it into the Drow's face. "AND YOU FLEDGING! IF YOU TELL ANYONE OF THIS I SWEAR I'LL KICK YOU ASS TOO!"

After a while Keldrin gave in. "You know...if you're gonna carry me, don't carry me like this. It's humiliating and it hurts my gut. AND DON'T YOU DARE CARRY ME LIKE A SACK OF POTATOES. CAUSE I SWEAR IF YOU DO, I WILL BITE YOUR EAR OFF!" Keldrin was not looking forward to going to the infirmary. He knew it was going to be slightly crowded but knowing he wasn't going there to help but because he got his ass kicked, killed him on the inside. And he wasn't sure the fledging was going to let him live this down.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Monience rolled her eyes as she followed. 'Wow, who's the kid here? Me or him?' She kept her mouth shut walking besides Val. "So the damage is pretty severe around town?" She asked changing the subject. She figured if she got their minds off of Keldrin being carried, he'll quiet down. "Wait...." She stopped looking back towards the gate she takes to go home outside the town. She wanted to desperately run back home and salvage her precious mementos from destruction. But she knew it would only make things worse for Val if she ran off. "Val after you drop us off at the infirmary, can you do me a huge favor? My home is outside the town and I have a necklace and bracer I keep under my pillow. Please please can you go get them for me. They're important to me."

Monience was desperate to keep those items safe. She turned to look Val in the eyes with a pleading look. Hoping he'd give in and do it.
Back to top Go down
AdminKohr
Admin
AdminKohr

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Glancing at Monience briefly, Val'Thaeiv turned his eyes back to the street, still not liking his nickname but not voicing his displeasure. "Your house will be safe. The Griever's will not get past the Watchers posted around the walls. I see no reason you cannot get them yourself." he stated quietly, feeling the young warrior's desperate stare.

The Drow spotted the roof of the Infirmary around the next row of buildings. Easily reaching it in a few minutes, Val'Thaeiv entered the tent, having ignored all of Keldrin's requests, and set him down on the floor. That done, he turned and left the building without a word to either.

Exiting the nearby gate, Val'Thaeiv gazed at the corpses of the Grievers that had been killed by the Watchers, making his way around the border Nagreon to the opposite side. Not immediately seeing any buildings outside, he wandered further out, away from the city. Eventually, he spotted a small house and entered it without hesitation. A quick sweep of the interior was all he needed to locate the bed. He approached it silently, lifting the well-used pillow and collecting the items from underneath it, before leaving and making his way back to the Infirmary.

He arrived swiftly, depositting the items into Monience's hands when he found her, before turning to leave to report to a Watcher.
Back to top Go down
Kituki

Kituki

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 am

Monience thanked Val. She was relieved the items were ok. She put on the necklace so it wouldn't get lost again, quickly hiding it under her clothes. The bracer however was another problem. It was made for her father who's wrists were much bigger than hers. She wasn't sure what to do with it before attaching it to her belt. It was a temporary solution to be sure but it worked. After that was done she wandered about the infirmary unsure what to do. Most people here knew of her and didn't even bat an eye as she wandered through the place. 'I think I prefer the Academy now....' She thought to herself. She sat against a wall in a corner so no one could sneak up on her and started going through tactics in her head.

'Alright, So those creatures can ignore magic. That means any damage done cannot be healed by the clerics during battle. Likewise, a mage cannot do damage to the creature. So the best tactic against them would be to use Warriors Rogues and Archers who can avoid damage rather than take damage....' She thought as she idly drew figures on the ground mumbling her thoughts at the same time. Eventually when one thought process of a set of tactics was complete she moved on to the next one. She never considered her self to be the best tactician, but her ability to plan outweighed her current ability to fight. She often thought of her self as adaquate. Just good enough to complete a plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scouting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Outer Edge :: Camp Ophisen-
Jump to: